JAMB Syllabus For Biology 2021/2022: Are you looking for the latest official JAMB Biology syllabus 2021/2022 PDF for download? If yes, then you are reading the right
JAMB Biology syllabus 2021/2022, JAMB syllabus for all subjects 2021/2022, JAMB syllabus for biology 2021/22, JAMB syllabus 2021 for Biology, download PDF JAMB Biology Syllabus www.jamb.org.ng, JAMB Biology syllabus topic, topics to study for JAMB Biology 2021
In this article, you will find the official syllabus for JAMB Biology 2021/2022 online and also the PDF.
If you want to pass JAMB, there are basically three materials you need:
In today’s article, we will be dealing with JAMB syllabus for biology 2021 PDF download and online reading.
Table Of Contents
JAMB SYLLABUS FOR BIOLOGY 2021/2022 – TOPICS TO READ
The objectives of the course are as follows:
1. Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the concepts of the diversity interdependence and unity of life;
2. Account for continuity of life through reorganization, inheritance and evolution;
3. Apply biological principles and concepts to everyday life, especially to matters affecting living things, individual, society, the environment, community health and the economy.
A: VARIETY OF ORGANISMS
1. Living organisms:
b. Cell structure and functions of cell Components
c. Level of organization
i. Cell e.g. euglena and paramecium,
ii. Tissue, e.g. epithelial tissues and hydra
iii. Organ, e.g. onion bulb
iv. Systems, e.g. reproductive, digestive and excretory
v. Organisms e.g. Chlamydomonas
2. Evolution among the following:
- Monera (prokaryotes), e.g. bacteria and blue green algae.
- Protista (protozoans and protophyta),
g. Amoeba, Euglena and Paramecium
- Fungi, e.g. mushroom and Rhizopus.
- Plantae (plants)
Thallophyta (e.g. Spirogyra)
ii. Bryophyta (mosses and liveworts) e.g. Brachmenium and Merchantia.
iii. Pteridophyta (ferns) e.g. Dryopteris.
iv. Spermatophyta (Gymnospermae and Angiospermae)
– Gymnosperms e.g. Cycads and conifers.
– Angiosperms (monocots, e.g. maize; dicots, e.g. water leaf)
- Animalia (animals)
– coelenterate (e.g. Hydra)
– Platyhelminthes (flatworms) e.g. Taenia
– Nematoda (roundworms)
– Annelida (e.g. earthworm)
– Arthropoda e.g. mosquito, cockroach, housefly, bee, butterfly
– Mollusca (e.g. snails)
ii. Multicellular animals (vertebrates)
– pisces (cartilaginous and bony fish)
– Amphibia (e.g. toads and frogs)
– Reptilia (e.g. lizards, snakes and turtles)
– Aves (birds)
– Mammalia (mammals)
3A. Structural/functional and behavioural adaptations of organisms.
a. Adaptive colouration and its functions
b. Behavioural adaptations in social animals
c. Structural adaptations in organisms.
B: FORM AND FUNCTIONS.
1. Internal structure of a flowering plant
- Internal structure of a mammal
- Modes of nutrition
Types of Nutrition
c. Plant nutrition
- Mineral requirements (macro and micro-nutrients)
- Animal nutrition
- Classes of food substances; carbohydrates, proteins, fats and oils, vitamins, mineral salts and water
- Food tests (e.g. starch, reducing sugar, protein, oil, fat etc.
- The mammalian tooth (structures, types and functions
- Mammalian alimentary canal
- Nutrition process (ingestion, digestion, absorption, and assimilation of digested food.
- Need for transportation
- Materials for transportation. (Excretory products, gases, manufactured food, digested food, nutrient, water and hormones)
- Channels for transportation
i. Mammalian circulatory system (heart, arteries, veins, and capillaries)
ii Plant vascular system (phloem and xylem)
- Media and processes of mechanism for transportation.
- Respiratory organs and surfaces
- The mechanism of gaseous exchange in:
- Aerobic respiration
- Anaerobic respiration
- Types of excretory structures: contractile vacuole, flamecell, nephridium, Malpighian tubule, kidney, stoma and lenticel.
- Excretory mechanisms:
- Excretory products of plants
6. Support and movement
- Tropic, tactic, nastic and sleep movements in plants
- Supporting tissues in animals
- Types and functions of the skeleton
iii. Functions of the skeleton in animals
- Asexual reproduction
i. Fission as in Paramecium
ii. Budding as in yeast
iii. Natural vegetative propagation
iv. Artificial vegetative propagation.
- Sexual reproduction in flowering plants
i. Floral parts and their functions
ii. Pollination and fertilization
iii. products of sexual reproduction
- Reproduction in mammals
i. structures and functions of the male and female reproductive organs
ii. Fertilization and development. (Fusion of gamates)
- Meaning of growth
- Germination of seeds and condition necessary for germination of seeds.
9. Co-ordination and control
- Nervous coordination:
i. the components, structure and functions of the central nervous system;
ii. The components and functions of the peripheral nervous systems;
iii. Mechanism of transmission of impulses;
iv. Reflex action
- The sense organs
i. skin (tactile)
ii. nose (olfactory)
iii. tongue (taste)
iv. eye (sight)
v. ear (auditory)
- Hormonal control
i. animal hormonal system
– adrenal gland
ii. Plant hormones (phytohormones)
i. Body temperature regulation
ii. Salt and water regulation
1. Factors affecting the distribution of Organisms
2. Symbiotic interactions of plants and animals
- Energy flow in the ecosystem: food chains, food webs and trophic levels
- Nutrient cycling in nature
i. carbon cycle
ii. water cycle
iii. Nitrogen cycle
3. Natural Habitats
- Aquatic (e.g. ponds, streams, lakes seashores and mangrove swamps)
- Terrestrial/arboreal (e.g. tree-tops of oil palm, abandoned farmland or a dry grassy (savanna) field, and burrow or hole.
4. Local (Nigerian Biomes)
- Tropical rainforest
- Guinea savanna (southern and northern)
- Sudan Savanna
- Highlands of montane forests and grasslands of the Obudu, Jos, Mambilla Plateau.
5. The Ecology of Populations:
- Population density and overcrowding.
- Adaptation for survival
i. Factors that bring about competition
ii. Intra and inter-specific competition
iii. Relationship between competition and succession.
- Factors affecting population sizes:
i. Biotic (e.g. food, pest, disease, predation, competition, reproductive ability).
ii. Abiotic (e.g. temperature, space, light, rainfall, topography, pressure, pH, etc.
- Ecological succession
i. primary succession
ii. secondary succession
- characteristics of different types of soil (sandy, loamy, clayey)
- soil structure
- porosity, capillarity and humus content
- Components of the soil
iii. soil organisms
iv. Soil air
v. Soil water
- Soil fertility:
i. loss of soil fertility
ii. Renewal and maintenance of soil fertility
7. Humans and Environment
(i) Common and endemic diseases.
ii. Easily transmissible diseases and disease syndrome such as:
– sexually transmitted disease/syndrome (gonorrhea, syphilis, AIDS, etc.
- Pollution and its control
(i) sources, types, effects and methods of control.
(ii) Sanitation and sewage
- Conservation of Natural Resources
- Game reserves and National parks
D: HEREDITY AND VARIATIONS
(I) Variation In Population
- Morphological variations in the physical appearance of individuals.
(i) size (height, weight)
(ii) Colour (skin, eye, hair, coat of animals, scales and feathers.
- Physiological variation
(i) Ability to roll tongue
(ii) Ability to taste
(iii) Blood groups
- Application of discontinuous
variation in crime detection,
blood transfusion and
determination of paternity.
- Inheritance of characters in organisms;
i) Heritable and non-heritable characters.
- Chromosomes – the basis of heredity;
(ii) Process of transmission of hereditary characters from parents to offspring.
- Probability in genetics and sex determination.
a) Application of the principles of heredity in:
b. Sex – linked characters e.g. baldness, haemophilia, colour blindness, etc.
YOU ARE ADVISED TO DOWNLOAD THE JAMB BIOLOGY SYLLABUS 2021 PDF TO GET THE OBJECTIVES OF EACH TOPIC. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PDF.
RECOMMENDED TEXTS FOR JAMB BIOLOGY
- Ndu, F.O. C. Ndu, Abun A. and Aina J.O. (2001) Senior Secondary School Biology:
Books 1 -3, Lagos: Longman
- Odunfa, S.A. (2001) Essential of Biology, Ibadan: Heinemann
- Ogunniyi M.B. Adebisi A.A. and Okojie J.A. (2000) Biology for Senior Secondary Schools: Books 1 – 3, Macmillan
- Ramalingam, S.T. (2005) Modern Biology, SS Science Series. New Edition, AFP
- Stan. (2004) Biology for Senior Secondary Schools. Revised Edition, Ibadan: Heinemann
- Stone R.H. and Cozens, A.B.C. (1982) Biology for West African Schools. Longman
- Usua, E.J. (1997) Handbook of practical Biology 2nd Edition, University Press, Limited.
Why You Should Use JAMB Syllabus For Biology To Prepare For JAMB
1. JAMB syllabus help you to know what you need to cover.
2. From JAMB syllabus, you can predict possible questions.
3. JAMB examiners will not set questions out of the syllabus.
4. Together with JAMB past questions, JAMB syllabus is the 100% sure JAMB expo you need.
JAMB Syllabus For Biology Related Searches
- Official JAMB biology syllabus 2021/2022
- JAMB syllabus for biology 2021
- JAMB syllabus for biology 2021 PDF download free
- JAMB biology syllabus 2021/2022 online
That is all for now on the topic JAMB syllabus for biology 2021 PDF and online. Don’t forget to share the article using the share buttons below.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:➣ Npower Latest News, Registration Portal, Login - www.npower.fmhds.gov.ng ➣ Nigerian Airforce Recruitment Form And Portal ➣ JAMB Result Checker 2020 Via 55019 SMS - Here's How To Check Properly ➣ JAMB Cut Off Mark 2020/2021 For All Universities, Polytechnics And Colleges Of Education ➣ 9 Ways To Gain Admission Without JAMB Result In 2020 ➣ How To Confirm O'level Result Upload On JAMB Portal ➣ JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects Online And PDF Download ➣ New WAEC Exam Starting Date 2020 (After Postponement) ➣ WAEC Timetable 2020 Online And PDF Download (COMPLETE) ➣ NECO Registration 2020 News, Timetable, Price And Deadline ➣ NECO Syllabus 2020/2021 PDF Download For All Subjects ➣ NECO Exam Timetable 2020/2021 - Check Here ➣ Npower Registration 2020/2021 And Latest Npower News Update ➣ Nigerian Airforce Recruitment Application Portal 2020 - www.airforce.mil.ng/apply-now
Click Here To Like Our Facebook Page For More Updates.
Click Here To Follow Me On Twitter
Click Here To Contact/Hire Me