JAMB Syllabus For English 2021/2022: Are you looking for the latest official JAMB English syllabus 2021/2022 PDF for download? If yes, then you are reading the right article.
In this article, you will find the official syllabus for JAMB Use of english 2021/2022 online and also the PDF.
JAMB English syllabus 2021/2022, JAMB syllabus for all subjects 2021/2022, JAMB syllabus for English 2021/2022, JAMB syllabus 2021 for English, download PDF JAMB English Syllabus www.jamb.org.ng, JAMB English syllabus topic, topics to read for JAMB English 2021
If you want to pass JAMB, there are basically three materials you need:
- JAMB syllabus
- JAMB recommended textbooks
- JAMB past questions
In today’s article, we will be dealing with JAMB syllabus for english 2021 PDF download and online reading.
JAMB SYLLABUS FOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE 2021/2022 – TOPICS TO READ
The objectives of the course are as follows:
1. Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the concepts of the diversity interdependence and unity of life;
2. Account for continuity of life through reorganization, inheritance and evolution;
3. Apply biological principles and concepts to everyday life, especially to matters affecting living things, individual, society, the environment, community health and the economy.
(i) Each of the three passages to be set (one will be a cloze test) should reflect various disciplines and be about 200 words long.
(ii) Questions on the passages will test the following:
(a) Comprehension of the whole or part of each passage.
(b) Comprehension of words, phrases, clauses, sentences, figures of speech and idioms as used in the passages.
(c) Coherence and logical reasoning (deductions, inferences, etc).
(d) Novels to be Read:
(i.) UTME Candidates: “In Dependence” by Sarah Ladipo Manyika
(ii.) DE Candidates: The Last Days at Forcados High School, A. H. Mohammed.
(e) Synthesis of ideas from the passages.
By synthesis of ideas is meant the art of combining distinct or separate pieces of information to form a complete whole.
Candidates should be able to:
i. Identify main points/topic sentences in passages;
ii. Determine implied meaning;
iii. Identify the grammatical functions of words, phrases, clauses and figurative/idiomatic expressions;
iv. Deduce or infer the writer’s intentions including mood, attitude to the subject matter and opinion.
B. Lexis and Structure
(d) Clause and sentence patterns
(e) Word classes and their functions
(f) Mood, tense, aspect, number, agreement/concord, degree (positive, comparative and superlative) and question tags
(g) Punctuation and spelling
(h) Ordinary usage, figurative usage and idiomatic usage are to be tested.
Idioms to be tested shall be those that are formal and expressed in standard British English.
Candidates should be able to:
i. Identify words and expressions in their ordinary, figurative and idiomatic contexts;
ii. Determine similar and opposite meaning of words;
iii. Differentiate between correct and incorrect punctuation and spelling;
iv. Identify various grammatical patterns in use;
v. Interpret information conveyed in sentences.
C. Oral Forms
(a) Vowels (mono-thongs and diphthongs)
(b) Consonants (including clusters)
(c) Rhymes (including homophones)
(d) Word stress (monosyllabic and polysyllabic)
(e) Intonation (words emphatic stress)
Emphatic stress involves the placement of normal stress on words in an utterance for the purpose of emphasis.
i. Make distinctions between vowel types;
ii. Differentiate between consonant types;
iii. Identify correct accentuation in individual words and connected speech.
RECOMMENDED TEXTS FOR JAMB USE OF ENGLISH
- Attah, M. O. (2013) Practice in Spoken English for Intermediate and Advanced Learners, Maiduguri: University of Maiduguri Press
- Bamgbose, A. (2002) English Lexis and Structure for Senior Secondary Schools and colleges (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann
- Banjo, A. et al (2004) New Oxford Secondary English Course Book Six for Senior Secondary Schools, Ibadan: UP Plc.
- Caesar, O. J. (2003) Essential Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Lagos: Tonad Publishers Limited
- Daniel Jones (2011) Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Egbe, D. I (1996) Mastering English Usage and Communication Skills, Lagos: Tisons
- Elugbe, B. (2000) Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Ibadan: Heinemann
- Grant, N. J. H, Nnamonu, S. Jowitt, D. (1998) Senior English Project 3, (New Edition) Harlow: Longman
- Idowu, O. O, Sogbeson, T. S, Adofo, A. K. Burgess, D. F and Burgess, L. J. (1998) Round-up English: A Complete Guide, Lagos: Longman
- Idris, U. (2001) Oral English at Your Fingertips for Schools and Colleges, Lagos, M. Youngbrain Publishers
- Igiligi, E. C. and Ogenyi, S. O. (2010) Grammar and Composition in the G.S.M. Age, Enugu: Joe Hills Production Services
- Jauro, L. B. (2013) Oral English for Schools and Colleges: A teaching and Learning Approach, Yola: Paraclete Publishers.
- Nnamonu, S. and Jowitt, D. (1989) Common Errors in English, Lagos: Longman
- Obinna, M. F. (2001) University Matriculation Use of English,(Fourth Edition) Port Harcourt: Sunray Books Limited
- Ogunsanwo, O. Duruaku, A. B.C, Ezechukwu, J and Nwachukwu, U. I (2005) Countdown English Language, (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Evans
- Olatoye, S. (2006) The Silent Teacher, Ado-Ekiti: Segun and Sons Enterprises
- Oluikpe, B. O. A, nnaemeka, B. A, Obah, T. Y, Otagburuagu, E. J. Onuigbo, S. and Ogbonna, E. A. (1998) Intensive English for Senior Secondary School 3, Onitsha: Africana – FIRST Publisher.
- Tomori, S. H. O (2000) Objective Tests for School Certificate English: Practice in Lexis, Structure and Idiom (Reprinted Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann
- Ukwuegbu, C, Okoro, O., Idris, A. U., Okebukola, F. O. and Owokade, C. O. (2002) Catch-up English for SSCE/UME, Ibadan: Heinemann
JAMB Syllabus For English Related Searches
- Official JAMB English syllabus 2021/2022
- JAMB syllabus for English 2021
- JAMB syllabus for English 2021 PDF download free
- JAMB English syllabus 2021/2022 online
That is all for now on the topic JAMB syllabus for English 2021 PDF and online. Don’t forget to share the article using the share buttons below.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:➣ Npower Latest News, Registration Portal, Login - www.npower.fmhds.gov.ng ➣ Nigerian Airforce Recruitment Form And Portal ➣ JAMB Result Checker 2020 Via 55019 SMS - Here's How To Check Properly ➣ JAMB Cut Off Mark 2020/2021 For All Universities, Polytechnics And Colleges Of Education ➣ 9 Ways To Gain Admission Without JAMB Result In 2020 ➣ How To Confirm O'level Result Upload On JAMB Portal ➣ JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects Online And PDF Download ➣ New WAEC Exam Starting Date 2020 (After Postponement) ➣ WAEC Timetable 2020 Online And PDF Download (COMPLETE) ➣ NECO Registration 2020 News, Timetable, Price And Deadline ➣ NECO Syllabus 2020/2021 PDF Download For All Subjects ➣ NECO Exam Timetable 2020/2021 - Check Here ➣ Npower Registration 2020/2021 And Latest Npower News Update ➣ Nigerian Airforce Recruitment Application Portal 2020 - www.airforce.mil.ng/apply-now
Click Here To Like Our Facebook Page For More Updates.
Click Here To Follow Me On Twitter
Click Here To Contact/Hire Me